Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Panthéon

Today we visited the Panthéon, the so-called French "temple of the nation."  Originally constructed as a church by Louis XV in honor of Saint Geneviève, this basilica was transformed during the French Revolution into a mausoleum for leading French citizens.  The inscription above the entrance reads, "Aux Grands Hommes, la Patrie Reconnaissante" (To great men, the grateful homeland); indeed, the Panthéon currently pays homage to just one woman, Marie Curie, although next spring two more women are slated for inclusion.  Our class visited the Panthéon in conjunction with our study of the French Resistance, in particular to see the memorialization of Jean Moulin in the crypt.  Moulin's ashes were transferred from Père Lachaise to the Panthéon in 1964 as part of a ceremony made famous by André Malraux's speech, in which Malraux cried out to his fellow French Resistance fighter, "Enter here, accompanied by a people born of the shadow and who disappeared with that shadow – our brothers in the Order of the Night."  (We read the speech, which can be screened at http://www.ina.fr/video/CAF89027428.)

Jean Moulin
Malraux's address upon Moulin's entrance into the Panthéon


Inscription in Crypt
The Crypt

Outside the Panthéon

2 comments:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address;
    dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) for the last four years and had constant outbreaks and pains. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday, and i was taking treatments and meds from my doctor. I was taking accyclovir alongside some ointment. I spent so much on meds but the blisters still return after some months. It was early this year, i was using the Internet to see if i could gather any information to get rid of this virus once and for all, using natural herbs. Then i came across a testimony of a woman who was healed from diabetes and Cancer of the breast by one Herbal Dr.yakubu. I copied the email address of the doctor after her testimony. So I sent a message to Dr.yakubu telling him about my Herpes Virus. he told me not to worry that as long as I will make use of the herbs as directed, with God, I will soon testify. I thought he was bluffing. So we got talking and he asked me some questions. He prepared and sent me some herbs in 70ml bottles and ointment, then he guided me on how to use them. In less than 2 months of usage, i was totally healed. The blisters disappeared and the pains gone too. I went for a test and the result was Negative. I had to use a different hospital and the result was same. Since over nine months now, I am Herpes Free.... Please my advise is this, if you have similar sickness or any other sickness at all, Please do not forget to reach out to Dr.yakubu on : (dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com). you can also reach the doctor on whatsapp +2348057353647

    ReplyDelete